The Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ is thrilled to announce the 2017 summer programs:
The Dalcroze™ Academy
at Metropolitan State University of Denver
July 17-29, 2017
The DSR License and Pre-Diplôme Course
July 10-14 + July 17-29, 2017
The 2016 Dalcroze™ Academy was a resounding success! A total of 37 students, 10 of whom attended the License and Pre-Diplôme Course, and 5 faculty members from 4 continents, 11 countries, and 13 states, were in attendance. The instructors, music educators, dance and theatre professionals and music therapists participated over the 3-week intensive Dalcroze™ training course. Additionally, these students now have the opportunity to continue their studies during the academic year through Skype lessons and/or weekend intensives through the Professional Studies Program at the Dalcroze™ School of the Rockies. All Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ professional studies students are supported with Embodying Music: A Texbook for Dalcroze™ teacher training towards the Dalcroze™ Certificate, and Moving Sound: A Textbook for Dalcroze™ teacher training towards the License.
Congrats to the fine musicians, dancers, and faculty who made 2016 Academy so memorable!
Our Vibrant, Published, International, Award-Winning Faculty Has Included:
Monica Dale ; Ellicott City, Maryland: Dalcroze™ License, MM
Jeremy Dittus ; Denver, Colorado: Diplôme Supérieur, DMA, Program Director
Mary Dobrea-Grindahl ; Cleveland, Ohio: Diplôme Supérieur, MM
Hélène Nicolet ; Geneva, Switzerland: Diplôme Supérieur, Certified Laban Movement Analyst
Katie Couch ; Denver, Colorado: Dalcroze™ License, MM
The focused, clearly defined curriculum at the Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ (DSR) is the only authorized training program in the Rocky Mountain Region.
Courses for The Dalcroze™ Academy include (subject to change):
- Techniques of the Body, Laban Movement Analysis, Folk Dancing (9:00-9:30)
- Dalcroze™ Eurhythmics™ (9:30-11:00)
- Dalcroze™ Pedagogy/Applications (11:10-Noon)
- Special Topics (1:00-2:00, daily)Dalcroze™ Solfège (2:00-2:50)Teaching demonstrations of children's classes
- Keyboard Harmony Courses
- Guest Lectures
- Dalcroze™ Improvisation (3:00-3:50)
- Plastique Animée: a type of visual analysis demonstrating music with the body (4:00-5:15, week one only)
Student-based curriculum includes:
- Options for one or two week study
- Individual course electives
- Study can also be continued throughout the year at the Dalcroze School of the Rockies™ via Skype lessons and/or intensive weekend study to accelerate study through the program.
- The opportunity to obtain the internationally- recognized Dalcroze™ Certificate or License in as little as three summers.
Affordable Tuition Options
$1349 for 2 weeks
$700 for 1 week (typically week one)
$150 for 1 day
Experience the Joy of Musicianship from the Inside Out!!!